Webroot antivirus is the best security product available for Windows, Mac, Computer, and Android Users. And this amazing product can install through webroot download. In this article, you will learn the method to update the Web threat shield setting in Mac.
Method To Update Web Threat Shield Setting in Mac:
1. Access Web Threat Shield Setting:
- First, from the dock, you should hit on the Webroot icon. Now, the main interface displays on your computer screen.
- From the menu bar, you need to select Webroot SecureAnywhere and then click on Preferences.
- Then, the Advanced Settings Window displays on your computer screen.
- At last in the left column, you should select Web Threat Shield.
2. Change Web Threat Shield Setting:
- To change the web Threat Shield Setting, you need to select either of the following:
- Here, you can either enable a setting and select the checkbox or just disable a setting and deselect the checkbox.
- The Setting is Enable Web Shield, Block malicious websites, Enable real-time anti-phishing, Show safety ratings when using search engines, Suppress the user’s ability to bypass blocked websites, and Suppress the user’s ability to request website reviews.
3. Overrides Website Filters:
- First, you should tap on the Edit Website Overrides button.
- Now in the dialog, you should enter a website name in the field, and then tap on the Add Website button.
- At this point, you should on any one of the radio buttons:
- Allow — If the user wants to allows the website.
- Block — If the users want to block the website.
- Here, you need to tap on the Close button.
- If the Safari browser is open, then you need to quit the browser and just reopen it.
- Lastly, restart your browser for the website filter. For more help, hit on webroot.com/safe.
4. Shield the Mac’s Hosts File:
- First, you need to select the Monitor hosts file for the changes checkbox.
- In order to return the Hosts file to its factory state and also remove the changes which the malware has made to the file. For this, tap on the Reset Hosts File button.
- Lastly, hit on the Close button.
5.Disable Website Filtering:
- You should tap on the Webroot icon which is located in the menu bar in order to open Webroot.
- From the drop-down menu, you need to select Open Webroot SecureAnywhere.
- Now, from the main window, you need to tap on Mac Security.
- After this, you should tap on the button in order to turn it off.
- Keep in mind that the orange indicator shows that the shield is off. And the green indicator displays the shield is on.
Remember, if you disable a shield, then your Mac device is vulnerable. Lastly, restart your browser.
In this way, you can update the Web Threat Shield Setting in Mac Device. If the user wants more detail about the web shield setting, then go to the webroot download.